What? You haven’t tried Polish food? It may not be as famous as some other country’s cuisines (we’re looking at you, Italy!) but it’s just as delicious. Join this Krakow tour to get an inside guide to cooking Polish food in the home of a local cook.
- Become a pierogi-making machine!
- Learn to make authentic Polish food with a local cook.
- Shop for fresh vegetables and produce at the buzzling farmers’ market.
- Try out your Polish language skills and haggle with the market sellers.
- Experience an authentic Polish family home and meal-time traditions and conversations.
Inclusions: Local English-speaking local guide and cook, all the products and utensils for cooking, beer, water, tea or coffee.
Exclusions: Items of a personal nature, other drinks, tips, or gratuities for your guide.
- Duration: 4 hours
- Meeting point: 1 Dluga Street (Krakow, ul. Dluga 1, at the corner of Dluga and Basztowa) by the entrance to the bookshop “Pod Globusem”
- Find the exact meeting point with what3words: ///definite.madness.figs
- Starting time: 10 AM
- Ending point: You will be responsible for arranging your own transportation back to your place. We can also show you how to get back to the city center via local transport.
- Duration: 4 hours
- Meeting point: Pick-up from your centrally located hotel in Krakow.
- Starting time: 9.00 AM, 10.00 AM, 11.00 AM, 1.00 PM, 2.00 PM
- Ending point: Your guide will assist you to your hotel or any other centrally-located place of your choice.
- At the beginning of your tour, you will visit a local farmers’ market which is located off the beaten path, where you will have a chance to learn some Polish as you shop, which provides a great opportunity to interact with local vendors and respect their language and traditions.
- Your tour also supports local vendors who wouldn’t have access to tourists without Krakow Urban Tours. In addition, your tour promotes regional products
Wanna learn how to make pierogi like a pro? Come with us on this Krakow food tour and you’ll learn how to cook up a storm in the kitchen just like the locals do!
You’ll meet your local guide just outside the center of the city, showing you a different side to Krakow right from the start. You’ll go shopping with your guide on this Krakow markets tour through a bustling market, and get all the insider info on the fresh vegetables and produce for sale along the way. Your guide will even be able to teach you some expressions in Polish if you wish so that you can barter at the market like a true Krakow native!
Next on this Krakow tour, you’ll be taken to a family home, where you’ll be able to put all that delicious fresh produce to use and get some cooking lessons from Krakow locals. You’ll be taught how to make a pierogi, a typical Polish dish (kind of like a dumpling). Whilst you’re cooking you’ll have the chance to listen to Polish music, just to set the scene perfectly for your authentic cooking experience.
Finally, you’ll be able to enjoy the fruits of your labor and tuck into delicious food you’ve been making. As you’ll be eating with a Polish family, this will also be your chance to ask all those questions you have about Polish culture, and your hosts will be very happy to teach you all about their country. Eat, drink, and be merry – Krakow style!
Your Trip: You will be in a small group of a maximum of 6 people.
Child Policy: This is a child-friendly tour.
Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour
Office phone number: +48 665 015 665
Email address: email@example.com
Mrs. Janet B. from the USA
This experience was amazing. It gave a real look into the Polish culture. Our guide, Olgierd, was the best! He was professional, charismatic and knowledgeable. It is a day that I will remember forever in my travels.
Mr. Tyler C. from the USA
My wife and I had an excellent time makino delicious food and interacting with the locals. I couldn’t have imagined a better tour!
Mr. Zachary R. from the USA
Monika was a great food guide! She was able to provide plenty of insight into the food scene of Krakow, and gave us the best of the best in local cuisine, including the drinks.
Mr. Niki V. from Finland
I really enjoyed the fact that the guide had the trusted us enough to send us to do the shopping at the very cool and local market on our own, she gave us enough language tips and ensured that she is there for us if needed. Meeting the grandma of our guide at her apartment was priceless, and the starters were very tasty. Can’t imagine being much more local than that, to cook with the grandma at the apartment, will cook ”pierogi” at home for sure, using the same recipe as we did. Fun and lovely.
Mr. Tomasz K. from Spain
One of the best experiences I have ever done. During this tour we didn’t just learn how to make Polish pierogi but also had a lot of local interaction as apart from our great guide Magda we met as well her 78years old grandma. This lady was our teacher to the cooking experience and we were all impressed with her good health. This was extraordinary to be taken to the house of our guide and to see how locals live. // BTW I should mention as well that the communication with managers Monika and Tomasz prior the tour was really smooth and they were very helpful.
Ms. Kyra P. from Canada
Truly was the best day ever. My guide, Tomasz, was wonderful and enthusiastic to share his knowledge. I loved having the opportunity to visit the market and really enjoyed trying the fresh and local food. I learned a lot of new things and spent the morning making pierogies with some lovely people. I also got some amazing recommendations for places to visit in Kraków. I’ve been travelling for a few weeks now, and this was the first time that I felt at home. I loved every second of the experience and will 100% be doing some more urban adventuring in the future!
Mr. Ryan M. from the USA
Monika and Stefano were great hosts and ensured a fun experience. After shopping at the local market, they provided a relaxing atmosphere in their apartment for our day of cooking. They were very generous with food and drinks offered before and during the event. I enjoyed talking with them about their culture and their travels as well. The pierogi making was very fun and even better to eat. This was one of the highlights of our trip to Krakow.