- Try several types of excellent Polish craft beer.
- Visit a local craft brewery to see the brewing process for yourself.
- Taste authentic Golonka (pork knuckle) with the locals.
- Find out how local people spend their evenings and learn about beer culture in Krakow.
- Experience off-the-beaten-track corners of the Old Town and find out more about Krakow’s fascinating history.
Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide, local transport, local brewery visit, traditional Polish meal of Golonka (pork knuckle) and different beer snacks, six samples of different Polish beers.
Exclusions: Additional food and drinks, items of a personal nature, tips, and gratuities for your guide.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Meeting point: In front of the house at Mały Rynek 4 (4 Small Market Square) Old Town.
- Find the exact meeting point with what3words: ///instant.rocky.toasted
- Starting time: 7.00 PM, 8.00 PM
- Ending point: Rynek Główny (Main Market Square) in the Old Town.
Culture, history, and beer blend seamlessly in this unique journey through Krakow’s beer-drinking past, which goes all the way back to medieval times. We want to show you how the locals like to spend their evenings, as we walk the beer road, down vibrant streets, admiring iconic monuments whose illuminations light up the night sky. A wonderful recipe for a great night out!
Your tour begins in the city’s majestic Old Town with a short stroll along Szpitalna Street — famous for its old bookshops. Before you know it, we will reach our first stop, a historic brewery where beer was born to live — its walls have certainly seen lots of barrels over the years.
With a pint in hand, we’ll take a walk around, observing how everything works and just generally having fun inside a very small, but special beer factory. It is here that we’ll try Polish Golonka (meaning pork knuckle) which, when eaten with a good beer, is a heavenly pairing for many locals!
Next up, we’ll hop on a tram and travel through medieval Krakow to find ourselves inside a totally different watering hole: a sailor’s tavern. Situated on the outskirts of the old university district, we’ll admire the stunning interior and original ambiance as we sip a brew and hear stories from days gone by.
We will chat about university life, both past and present as we walk amongst the walls of the medieval district, blissfully free of the throng of students that inhabit the area during the day.
Our final stop will lead us back to the very heart of the Old Town, the Main Market Square, which is beautifully illuminated at night. What is local is sometimes hidden and that’s why we will walk through a decorated gate to get to a courtyard which will take us to a mysterious, medieval cellar to continue our beer adventure… it doesn’t get more local than this!
Your tour ends here but before you go, don’t forget to ask your local guide for tips on what else to see, do and eat during your stay in charismatic Krakow.
Child Policy: Travellers under 18 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour:
- On this tour, you visit Krakow’s Old Town, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, where you will learn about the city’s history.
- All of the beer stops you make on this tour help support local businesses and promote local venues.
Office phone number: +48 665 015 665
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Tomas B. from the Czech Republic, 12th of November 2020:
We had a great guide Mateusz for our tour. He was super enthusiastic and explaiend us the whole procedure of brewing and how beer saved the world! Thank you Mat!
Mr. Lukáš V. from the Czech Republic, 10th of September 2020:
This tour really overcame my expectations. All the beers we tasted were great and the venues really local and unique. I can’t recommend this tour enough. Thanks a lot Mateusz!