- Charge your batteries and have an active rest close to the nature in the Tatra National Park
- Admire beautiful panoramic views of the Tatra mountains while walking through the mountain valley
- Visit the city of Zakopane to see its unique wooden architecture and alive folklore
- Try an authentic highlander’s lunch in a local restaurant
Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide, transport, entrance ticket to the Tatra National Park, variety of local snacks, lunch.
Exclusions: Additional food and drinks, items of a personal nature, tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Duration: 8-10 hours
- Meeting point: 10 Ogrodowa Street, by the entrance to the Hotel Puro
- Starting time: 7 AM
- Ending point: Krakow Old Town or your hotel if centrally located.
Krakow is considered a real cultural and historical capital of Poland, but locals know that besides the must-see icons and views, the city offers many places to charge your batteries and rest close to nature. We would love to show you the Tatra Mountains and the city of Zakopane – our favorite mountain destination located only two hours drive from Krakow. Beautiful landscapes, amazing wooden architecture, highlander lifestyle, regional dishes served in traditional restaurants and available on the local market.
On the way to Zakopane, we will admire beautiful panoramic views of the Tatra mountains and we will discover how to make traditional, smoked cheese – oscypek. Later we will have light trekking in the picturesque, mountain valley and after a traditional, highlander-style lunch we will explore the alive folklore of Zakopane and see its original monuments and unique wooden architecture.
(As the weather in the mountains is unpredictable, the trekking part of the tour will be adopted in a way to give you always the best possible experience).
Child Policy: Children are permitted on this tour.
Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour:
- All the places we visit are 100% owned and run by locals, ensuring that local people benefit from tourism to their city. So any inclusions on your tour and additional purchases you make will directly benefit the local community.
- You will pick up some responsible travel tips that will help you to be a greener traveler while you’re in the Tatra mountains.
Office phone number: +48 665 015 665
Email address: email@example.com
Angela from Great Britain traveled on 30 Sep 2020:
MUST do! If I could give this experience 10 stars, I would. If you want to get out of Kraków city for the day, THIS is the way to go. Tomasz was the kindest, considerate, and knowledgeable guide of Tatra National Park, Zakopane, etc. He has been vacationing there his entire life and his love and enthusiasm for the area lend a very special touch. The hike, sites, food, and overall experience and company were the best. Thank you, Tomasz!
Mr. Jerome C. from the USA traveled on 26 Jan 2019:
Monika was excellent, would like to do another outing with her
Michaela from the Czech Republic traveled in March 2019:
The Polish countryside is amazing and I really liked getting to know it on this trip with Tomasz. He was the perfect host, being a mountain guide, knowing all the trails, and adjusting the route for our group. I enjoyed the cheese tasting and loved the pierogi lunch 🙂 once again, thank you for a great day!