- Travel back in time to the era of analog photography and get a unique snapshot of Krakow to take home.
- Learn the technique of pinhole photography with a passionate local guide and photographer.
- Make your own camera obscura and develop a postcard-perfect image as a unique keepsake of your day.
- Taste some traditional Polish delicacies in local spots away from the tourist trail.
Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide and passionate photographer, local snack, beverages, photographic materials, self-made photo souvenir from Krakow.
Exclusions: Additional food and drink, items of a personal nature, tips & gratuities for your guide.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Meeting point: In front of the house at Mały Rynek 4 (4 Small Market Square, Old Town). View on Google Maps. Find the exact meeting point with what3words: ///instant.rocky.toasted
- Starting time: 11.00 AM
- Ending point: Mały Rynek 4 (4 Small Market Square, Old Town)
If you would like to explore some of the prettiest spots in Krakow and learn how to turn your coffee can into a photo camera at home, then this is a perfect tour for you. If you want to find out how easy it is to transform your bathroom or storage cupboard into a photo-developing room, then this is also an excellent tour for you. Finally, if you’d like to take a picture with a handmade camera, develop it yourself, and take it home as a souvenir then this is the best tour ever for you!
You will meet a local artist and guide, founders of a photographic group Polish Obscura, who will share with you the analog technique of pinhole photography. It is so simple that it can be explained and presented over a lovely cup of tea. So far, so good!
Once you understand the process and you have put your handmade camera together, we’ll take a stroll around the charming streets of Krakow. You will be given some artistic and creative tips to help you capture the beauty of our fair city and we will share with you some fascinating anecdotes about particular landmarks and areas, starting with the famous Sukiennice and St Mary’s Basilica.
We’ll also get off the tourist trail and explore some of our favorite hidden spots, walking side by side with a passionate local, seeing the city through their eyes.
Don’t worry either, as while the art and culture that surrounds you will be taking care of your soul, your body will not be forgotten! There will be time to try a local snack and to treat ourselves to one or two traditional delicacies as well as some top-notch Polish craft beers produced in the small breweries that dot the city center and its surrounding suburbs.
This delightful tour will take you back in time to an era where analog photography was the norm. You will see how Krakow looked one hundred years ago and as we walk you’ll be able to compare the past and the present and decide for yourself if you think it has changed a lot.
Your tour will end once your images have been developed. Before you go, don’t forget to ask your expert local guide for tips on what else to see and do in Krakow and for further advice on unique photograph opportunities around the city.
Child Policy: This is a child-friendly tour.
Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour:
- On this tour, your guide will explain how to take photos the old fashion way with a handmade camera made out of upcycled coffee boxes.
- Your tour supports a small, local organization of traditional photographers who are keeping the art of analog photography alive.
- As part of your tour, you will have a coffee break in a small, locally-owned bar located off the beaten track where you can soak up local life in Krakow while supporting a small local business.
Office phone number: +48 665 015 665
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org